[whatwg] Proposal: Deprecate registerProtocolHandler/registerContentHandler via Web Intents

From: James Hawkins <jhawkins@google.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:44:38 -0800
Thanks for your feedback, Bjartur.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95 at gmail.com>wrote:

> ?ann mi? 15.feb 2012 23:39, skrifa?i James Hawkins:
>
>  * If |scheme| is specified, |action| *should*  (must?) be ignored.
>>
> Why would you forbid distinguishing between actions on URIs? Postal and
> retrieval of mail, for example, are quite distinct actions. As are
> modification and retrieval of documents.

I'm not sure if the proposal was explicit enough, but for the RPH-esque
functionality in Web Intents, we activate WI in the same circumstances RPH
is activated, which is when links are activated in a page.  Can you
elucidate how the scenarios you listed could be handled?  Note these
scenarios are above and beyond RPH, but we're not trying to make the API
self-limiting.

Thanks,
James