[whatwg] Interpretation issue: can <section> be used for "extended paragraphs"?

From: James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:47:35 +0100
On 03/10/2011 09:20 AM, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

> My question is: Is this acceptable use of the SECTION element, even in a
> flow that mostly consists of P elements, not wrapped inside SECTION
> elements of their own?

If I understand you correctly, it is not the intended use of <section> ?
i.e. <section> conveys a different semantic to the one that you want ?
and could have a number of undesirable consequences. In particular it
would insert a (presumably untitled) entry into the document outline.

I don't think a solution to your problem currently exists. I am somewhat
skeptical that a solution is urgently required (that is, I don't think I
have used a tool that *actually* fails if I have to split a paragraph to
accommodate a list).