[whatwg] Giving the <body> tag a new meaning.

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 10:54 AM, usuario <soyhobo at gmail.com> wrote:
> According to the spec:
> The body element represents the body of a document (as opposed to the
> document?s metadata).
>
> I think definition is a bit ambiguous.
>
> We may think in giving it a more explicit meaning, and freeing it for
> semantic availability (just an example):
>
> <!DOCTYPE html>
> ? ? ? ?<meta></meta>
> ? ? ? ?<script></script>
> ? ? ? ?<link></link>
> ? ?</head>
> ? ? ? ?<header>
> ? ? ? ? ? ?<h1></h1>
> ? ? ? ? ? ?<p></p>
> ? ? ? ?</header>
> ? ? ? ?<body>
> ? ? ? ? ? ?<p></p>
> ? ? ? ? ? ?<p></p>
> ? ? ? ?</body>
> ? ? ? ?<footer>
> ? ? ? ?</footer>
> ? ?</markup>

I don't understand what problem you're trying to solve, nor what your
proposal is.

Are you proposing to rename <body>?  If so, there are significant
legacy constraints preventing that (namely, a lot of code depends on a
missing <body> tag being inferred).

~TJ