[whatwg] Ongoing work on an editing commands (execCommand()) specification

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 13:36:15 -0500
Two or three weeks ago I began writing a specification for
execCommand() and related functions.  I don't have anything
implementable yet -- it's very incomplete and there are known issues
with the existing stuff.  But I thought I'd post it for any early
review comments on the direction I'm taking, particularly from
implementers but also from anyone else familiar with the APIs (e.g.,
someone who's used them in practice):

http://aryeh.name/gitweb.cgi?p=editcommands;a=blob_plain;f=editcommands.html;hb=HEAD

The plan is that this should be merged into the main HTML spec, with a
full test suite, by the end of August.  Feedback appreciated.