[whatwg] HTML5 video: frame accuracy / SMPTE

We can't have an API based on frame rate because at least in WebM, the
frame rate is just an informational piece of metadata that may not match
what's in the file and may not be there at all. Thus, the browser has no
way of exposing .framerate or anything like it.

For now, I suggest that the framerate is given separately, e.g. in <video
data-fps="30000/1001"> and then using .currentTime to seek, it has more
than enough precision to hit any frame, it's just a questions of browsers
implementing frame-exact seeking.

(Also, it might be useful to be able to chose whether seeking should be
fast or exact, as frame-accurate seeking is hardly necessary in most
normal playback situations.)

Philip

--
Philip J?genstedt