[whatwg] HTML5 video: frame accuracy / SMPTE

I guess that I'm looking at HTML5 from the POV as a video-producer rather
than a video-consumer.

As a producer I'm much more intrested in the "legacy" video formats. The way
video is being produced is simply on a frame-by-frame basis. I cannot think
of any 3D animation tool video sequencer, video editor, or anything that
allows you to work with video- that works with anything but full frames.

video-consumer who only playback the video in a linear way are probably much
more intrested in bandwith saving features such as he WebM non-frame based
approach.

Obviously we do don't want to have some API that break future video
standards, but I cannot see why we can't have both to make at the same time.
It would make the video-producers happy: frame-by-frame accuracy, fixed
frame rates and SMPTE timecodes.

-Rob