[whatwg] Low Memory Event

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 22:13:50 +0000
On 1/2/11, Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com> wrote:
> Moreover, who says you're using a browser that puts different tabs in
> different threads; that that browser would still work correctly if you
> suspend a single thread and leave the others running; and that you
> even know that it's possible to suspend processes?  (Windows doesn't
> even give the option in its default GUIs, last I checked, although
> it's possible to do.)

As the system's clearly capable of multi-tasking, I figured it managed tasks.

I did misunderstand timeless'  email and applied his argument to off-line
gaming as well.

I don't understand why a server would rather waste resources on you "if
you're just flipping away for a bit," but sending and receiving noop packets to
and from the server, than if you simply "flip away"?