[whatwg] Low Memory Event

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 17:31:45 -0500
On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 4:27 PM, timeless <timeless at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 7:41 PM, Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why wouldn't you suspend the process (i.e. put it to sleep by stopping it).
>
> because the server may kill you when the network socket times out or
> breaks. why should it waste resources on a non responsive client?

Moreover, who says you're using a browser that puts different tabs in
different threads; that that browser would still work correctly if you
suspend a single thread and leave the others running; and that you
even know that it's possible to suspend processes?  (Windows doesn't
even give the option in its default GUIs, last I checked, although
it's possible to do.)