[whatwg] Low Memory Event

From: timeless <timeless@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 17:21:53 +0200
On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 11:17 PM, Bjartur Thorlacius
<svartman95 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/31/10, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
>> Please don't use all my memory for your Web-based game. :-) I may just be
>> running it in the background while finding a video to watch, for example,
>> in which case I really don't want the game using all my resources.
> Why would you want to run a game in the background? Is it an aural game?

It could be a MUDD[1] where you're set to follow as part of a mob. It
could be an IDLE RPG[2]

The game could be paused but might terminate your session if it
doesn't remain connected.

A game which causes you to go back to a respawn point on start can be
very frustrating if you're just flipping away for a bit.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi_User_Dungeons_and_Dragons_%28MUDD%29
[2] http://idlerpg.net/