[whatwg] Video with MIME type application/octet-stream

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 10:00:48 -0400
On 5/20/10 5:59 AM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> Hmm. I guess it doesn't add any implementation requirements beyond what
> you need to handle the complete absence of a Content-Type (which we
> currently don't handle, but I suppose we should).

For what it's worth, the above-necko layer in Gecko never sees "absence
of a Content-Type".  If there isn't one, necko will sniff, period.  Of
course that sniffing knows nothing about video at the moment, and will
likely just detect it as application/octet-stream (modulo the
extension-sniffing bits).

-Boris