[whatwg] Event handlers - Pointer Devices

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 06:20:21 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Charles Pritchard wrote:

> I'd like to know if there's room or any work has been done to set aside
> a standard for an extended set of pointer-device events.

Before we standardise touch and other such events, we should standardise
straight-forward events like 'click', 'mousedown', 'mouseover', and the
like. Work on this has begun, but is still incomplete:

   http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/html/DOM3-Events.html#events-mouseevents

In any case, I recommend sending feedback on the above specification and
on future versions of that specification to the mailing list mentioned in
that draft's status section.

HTH,