[whatwg] Please consider dropping the "sandbox" attribute from the <iframe> element

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:19:35 +0000 (UTC)
On Sun, 1 Aug 2010, Tantek ?~Gelik wrote:

> In speaking with fellow developers at Mozilla, I've collected the
> following feedback:
> The sandbox feature and functionality needs a thorough security review.

I encourage browser vendors to perform thorough security reviews of
_anything_ they implement.

> It will be a lot of work to implement properly.

This is possible, yes. There exists at least one implementation already,
though, so it does not seem to be excessive work.

> It may not actually solve the problem it is intending to solve.

Could you elaborate on this?

I haven't removed the feature, since it has solid use cases and
implementations have begun.