[whatwg] Regarding Downloading a webpage.

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:16:17 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010, Narendra Sisodiya wrote:

> A html webpage can contains js, css, image files. If we leave the server
> side scripting part then all resource files will static. JavaScript may
> load a resource (like another js/image/css file or DataURI) dynamically.
> If I want to download a webpage, I have to look at the source code of
> html and also JavaScript code which may load otherfiles on user
> interaction. Is their any specification exist by which i can tell
> 'webpage downloader' application about 'list of all files which may be
> use under a give web application' ?

There are two mechanisms for this:

 - <html manifest="">, which lists all the files needed by the app when
   running offline

 - implementing HTML natively, and then downloading all the files linked
   using explicit features like <script src=""> or links that are marked
   as "external resource links".

Neither system is foolproof, though.