[whatwg] Fullscreen feedback

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 2:00 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Adam Barth <w3c at adambarth.com> wrote:
>> How is going fullscreen different from opening a popup window?
>
> That depends on how the UA chooses to handle it. But this proposed
> fullscreen API is based on the idea that the fullscreen content "takes over"
> the toplevel browsing context to which it belongs. (The content is styled to
> fill the IFRAME, and the IFRAME element is styled to fill the parent
> document's viewport.)

That does seem dangerous if the location bar still displays the URL of
the top-level browsing context because it violates the constraint
principle of display delegation.

This doesn't seem like a good model for full-screen.  I would think
the model of re-parenting the content to a popup window that fills the
entire screen would be a better model.  In that case, we'd want to
disable or limit keyboard input to prevent full-screen phishing,
similar to how Flash protects it's full-screen mode.

Adam