[whatwg] framesets

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:37:36 +0200
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 23:43:03 +0200, Eduard Pascual <herenvardo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> For it to be taken
> seriously by the editor, I strongly recommend that you send spec-ready
> quality text,

I recommend sticking to use cases, requirements, links to real-world
pages, and proposed solutions with pros/cons.

> <frameset> is not being removed from HTML.

It's being removed from the set of conforming elements in HTML, along with
e.g. <applet>. It's not being removed from what browsers have to
implement: HTML5 specs frameset for browsers in the parsing, rendering and
obsolete features sections.

> It's just not being updated
> because there was nothing to add to it, so it stays the same.

Not really:

    Elements in the following list are entirely obsolete, and must not be
    used by authors:

    frame
    frameset
    noframes

       Either use iframe and CSS instead, or use server-side includes to
       generate complete pages with the various invariant parts merged in.

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/obsolete.html#non-conforming-features

> Taking all this together, here comes again: the question I have
> already asked several times, and you haven't answered: What are you
> asking for?

I would presume that Peter is asking for frameset, frame and noframes to
be part of the set of conforming elements in HTML. Correct, Peter?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software