[whatwg] Language codes: RFC 3066 versus RFC 4646

From: Michael <mike@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 10:13:14 +0900
Masataka Yakura <myakura.web at gmail.com>, 2009-04-03 10:03 +0900:

> I think the current plan is to point to BCP 47, since RFC 4646 is
> "soon" to be replaced by its successor [1].
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jan/0298.html

And the general plan is to at some point(s) (e.g., before taking
the W3C version to Last call) do a thorough review and update of
all the references/citations to whatever the current versions are
that they should point to at that time. It's maybe not all that
useful to try to keep them up to date piecemeal along the way.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike/