[whatwg] Dealing with UI redress vulnerabilities inherent to the current web

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:17 AM, Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf at dione.cc> wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Sep 2008, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>
>  There is no way in the world that Microsoft would implement your option 3
>> in a security update to IE6.
>>

> Sure, I'm not implying this. I simply have doubts about any other major
> security changes making it into MSIE8 or Firefox 3.

As one of the people who makes these decisions, I can tell you that I'd be a
lot more comfortable cramming option 1 into Firefox 3 or 3.1 than option 3.
Apart from the other reasons I've already raised, option 1, being much
simpler and with few degrees of freedom, would take a lot less time to
analyze and converge on a spec.

Rob
53:5-6]