[whatwg] List of differences between whatwg and w3c spec?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:10:54 +0200
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 21:38:52 +0200, Aaron Swartz <me at aaronsw.com> wrote:
> I notice there are specs for HTML5 dated today at:
>
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/html5/
>
> diff -u shows a lot of difference, but most are cosmetic. (I gather
> they're there because Hixie disagrees with some W3C pubrules but can't
> get them changed.) Is there any page that lists the substantive
> differences? Presumably the generation of the drafts is automated; is
> the source file for the drafts published?

The header is one of these (W3C, WHATWG):

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/header-w3c
   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/header-whatwg

This file is then appended to those headers:

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/source

Then they are processed through a tool that is not accessible to the
general public. (gsnedders is working on a tool that does the same, is
completely open, and open source.)

The output is then the two links you showed above.

(Nobody mentioned the specifics so I thought I'd give another reply to
this e-mail.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>