From: whatwg-bounces@lists.whatwg.org
[mailto:whatwg-bounces at lists.whatwg.org] On Behalf Of Sander van Zoest
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 6:35 PM
To: Eduard Pascual
Cc: whatwg at lists.whatwg.org; Ian Hickson
Subject: Re: [whatwg] video tag: pixel aspect ratio

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Eduard Pascual <herenvardo at gmail.com>
wrote:

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

<snip>

> I am very reluctant to make up a whole
> new microsyntax and corresponding parser algorithm, along with all the
> tests, etc, to handle this one case.

I still don't understand why the spec has to define each and every
parser algorythm (IMO, it should only define the syntax, and then the
implementation should define its own algorythm that parses that syntax
as defined); but if that's the issue then a microsyntax can be
perfectly avoided by splitting the argument into two separate ones,
such as pixelratiox and pixelratioy.

The only issue I have with splitting it into separate ones, is that we need
ensure that both exist or none exist, having just X or just Y is clearly
confusing
and should not be allowed.

-- Sander