[whatwg] RDFa Features

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:32:41 -0700
Kristof Zelechovski wrote:
> I have to repeat Ian's question now: what happens when the server with a
> custom vocabulary definition goes down?  Does it take a part of the semantic
> Web down along with it?

If it's a popular vocabulary, it's probably been cached appropriately.
If it's an edge-case vocabulary previously unseen, some small # of
applications can't look up the meaning of attributes during the
downtime. But parsing can still happen, RDF graphs can still be created,
etc...

A vocab whose host goes down regularly will likely not be used often.
Selection of the fittest.

-Ben