[whatwg] [webforms] input type=emails (allow multiple email addresses in one input)

Le Thu, 04 Jan 2007 18:59:49 +0200, Shadow2531 <shadow2531 at gmail.com> a
?crit:

> On 1/4/07, Mihai Sucan <mihai.sucan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Most email web applications have a single "To" field where the user can
>> write multiple comma separated email addresses, with autocomplete for
>> each
>> address.
>>
>> The new type value could be "emails", "email-list", or even "email-csv".
>>
>> Thank you for your time.
>
> input type=email should support a comma-separated value of email
> addresses imo. To me, that's an automatic given.
>
> But, if it's too late, then in the future, updating input type=email
> or adding input type=email-csv sounds cool imo.

I almost believed the same. However, I took a closer look at the current
WF 2 spec. There's no mention of multiple email addresses.

AFAIK, Opera 9.10 for Linux has complete support for Web Forms 2 (with
various small bugs and accessibility issues, given it's a new technology).
I have tested input type=email and it works only with a single email
address.

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future