[whatwg] on codecs in a 'video' tag.

From: Maik Merten <maikmerten@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 20:02:49 +0200
Dave Singer schrieb:
> um, as far as I can tell, the 950i has support for H.263 and MPEG4.

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I mistook the 950i for something
different (without proper out-of-the-box video support). Yeah, most
video-enabled phones have hardware to help with the decoding task,
you're right. Again I wouldn't guess it's codec specific (those chips
"support" a wide range of formats, but MPEG decoders by far are the most
common application), but obviously it isn't helping my "you shouldn't
rely on hardware present"-argument. ;-)

So not only was my post too harsh, it has mistakes in it, too.

Maik Merten