[whatwg] on codecs in a 'video' tag.

From: Dave Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 11:03:34 -0700
At 18:46  +0100 4/04/07, Nicholas Shanks wrote:
>On 4 Apr 2007, at 08:03, Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:
>
>>I do agree that the codec discussion should be tabled
>
>I think you mean shelved. Or did you mean we have hit a wall here,
>so shelve it and get the chair to table it on the W3C floor?  :-)

"table a matter" is ambiguous:  in some places, it means put it on
the table where things are considered for discussion, and in others,
it means put it on the table where things are left for later
consideration (possibly indefinitely later).  Roberts Rules "lay on
the table" mean postpone indefinitely, whereas in the British
Parliament, "tabling" a motion brings it to immediate consideration.

more discussion on (of course) wikipedia
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_(verb)>

that said, I agree we should defer discussion of this fascinating but
tangential subject, and move on to the design of the tag etc.
itself...
--
David Singer
Apple Computer/QuickTime