[whatwg] [WF2] Objection to autocomplete Attribute

Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen wrote:
> On 29 Mar 2005 at 11:01, James Graham wrote:
>>Mikko Rantalainen wrote:
>>
>>>My bank uses one-shot passwords for web access

How does that work?  Are you issued a new password every single time you
login?  How on earth do you remember it if it's always changing?

>>Which seems to be an ideal use-case for the autocomplete attribute...
>
> Indeed, I've recently asked one of my banks to add autocomplete=off
> because there is no point in having the browser asking users if it
> should remember a once-only password :-)

That's why user's can select "Never for this site" (or equivalent), so
they're not prompted each time.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/