[whatwg] [WF2] Objection to autocomplete Attribute

From: Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen <hallvors@online.no>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:38:17 +0200
On 29 Mar 2005 at 11:01, James Graham wrote:

> Mikko Rantalainen wrote:
>
> > My bank uses one-shot passwords for web access
>
> Which seems to be an ideal use-case for the autocomplete attribute...

Indeed, I've recently asked one of my banks to add autocomplete=off
because there is no point in having the browser asking users if it
should remember a once-only password :-)
--
Hallvord Reiar Michaelsen Steen
http://www.hallvord.com/

Note: mail to hallvors at online.no will still be read but you may