[whatwg] a few comments to Webforms 2.0 Call For Comments

Jim Ley wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:54:10 -0400, Matthew Raymond > > Should the DOM
>reflect default values? E.g. if a number-control does not
>

>>   I'm no Javascript expert, but I believe there are actually two ways
>>of getting an attribute. One if using GetAttribute, and the other is via
>>a property of a specific element object. GetAttribute would give you the
>>value set in the markup, whereas the object property would have the
>>value used by the UA.
>>

>Oh right, so el.getAttribute('foo')  and el.foo would point to
>different things in the DOM - what would el.foo='1' and
>el.setAttribute('foo',1) do to the opposite one?
>
>Seems a little unusual, and directly against 1.6.1 of DOM Level 2.0,
>but WTF, It might be a good idea, I've not really thought about it.Jim.

Some 650 emails ago, I asked for something similar:
http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2004-July/000889.html
I was then especially thinking about making good use of the dom level 2
traversal and range specification.

Regards,
Martijn