Re: Modern Tribe & W3C Website Redesign!

Hey Coralie and W3C Team,

Hope your week is going well! We're all super excited to send over our
proposal for the W3C.org Site Redesign project. Tribe has a lot of
passionate folks when it comes to web standards and spec, so the potential
opportunity to work together with W3C on a redesign project has all of us
very jazzed.

First off, thanks so much for taking the time to put together a great
initial RFP and outline for the site redesign project. This was a fun one
to dig into with our team and I know Modern Tribe would bring a lot to the
table on this project.

Second, attached is our proposal for the W3C redesign project! Given the
requirements you have, our experience with WordPress and publishing, and
the team's expertise across the board, I'd say we're a pretty dang good fit
for what you're looking to accomplish in 2020.

Let's review a few points from the proposal quick, as y'all review
internally:

*+ Timeline & Approach within our proposal:* I know you have a stated goal
to launch the new site within 2020 and have some specific management and
Advisory committee check-in points throughout the project. We've included a
high-level timeline in the proposal doc and also outlined a more detailed
Gantt for this project (here <http://m.tri.be/w3c-gantt>), which we will
use as a starting point and then add fidelity to it, if we have the
opportunity to work together. We know the timeline is a bit aggressive,
however our team is entirely confident in the ability to launch in 2020.
We're happy to discuss these details further in order to ensure we meet any
timeline expectations on your end.

*+ Value, Cost, and Budget:* We broke down the initial budget and cost on
page 49 of the proposal. This is an initial estimate based on our
experience with similar sized efforts and requirements. I do want to note
that we shouldn't let cost be a determining factor here, however. If y'all
want to revise the cost and scope a bit, we're happy to do so in order to
come in entirely below your stated $200k budget for Phase 1. We're happy to
accommodate here!

*+ Previous Work and References:* Pages 55-63, and page 73 include a small
batch of recent client projects and references. We also wanted to include
an additional PDF of case studies for visual samples and project rundowns.
We're happy to dive deeper on these with your team, as well. You're welcome
to contact anyone from our references list, if you'd like to hear about
their experience working with Tribe.

*+ 2 PDF Versions: *I did want to highlight that if possible, we would
prefer our Cost, Team information, and Client Contact information is
excluded from the public viewing and is kept confidential — so we have
included 2 PDFs, one with costs / bios / references included (*Modern Tribe
+ W3C Website Redesign Proposal.pdf*) and one without (*Modern Tribe + W3C
Website Redesign Proposal [No Cost Included].pdf*). Please let us know if
there are any issues with this.

Alright, I think that wraps up the initial draft of our proposal for the
W3C Site Redesign! Let's use this as a starting point in working together
and something that we can either (1) move forward with if you're happy with
the proposed scope and cost, or (2) revise and refine, as needed, for
buy-off and sign-off on your side. But either way, we're happy to
accommodate next steps that work well for you all!

Thanks again, let's chat soon and keep the ball rolling! Can you confirm
receipt on this email when you get a chance (just a couple larger PDFs that
we want to confirm make it over to you)?

TT

Travis Totz

Director of New Projects @ Modern Tribe
<https://tri.be/?utm_source=2019_Agency_Signature&utm_medium=Email>