Re[2]: To discuss the title, I opend my draft

Hi Satoru,

I know your anxiety.
But I think you are a little bit too worried regarding the sub title.

Let me explain the meanings of the main title and the sub title at first.

* The main title
This is a collective term representing the set of docs we are planning to make.

* The sub title
This is a title representing each doc, such as "Core", "Media", etc.

As you know, the set of the docs is not a subset of a specific specification something,
such as SVG Tiny, Compact HTML.
It's just requirements for web-based signage.
It is not intended to introduce fragmentation to the WEB.
I agree that the term "Profile" is not appropriate for the main title,
because the set of docs is not a subset of something.
On the other hand, the each doc is a subset of the requirements (the set of the docs).

However, the term "profile" does not mean "subset" literally.
It means just a description of characteristics of something.
http://oald8.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/dictionary/profile
Generally, it doesn't imply "fragmentation" nor "subset".

I think the term "profile" is not inappropriate for the sub title,
and no one misunderstands the meanings reading "profile" in the sub title.

How about renaming the sub title *if by any chance* some people misunderstand?

Cheers,
Futomi

--
株式会社ニューフォリア