Re: ??: Does anyone join me for writing as a co-editor?

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 08:21:11 +0200, Futomi Hatano
<futomi.hatano@newphoria.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi Sunghan,
>
> Thank you very match for your help.
>
> On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 04:54:52 +0000
> ??? <sh-kim@etri.re.kr> wrote:
>
>> Hi Futomi,
>>
>> May i ask how did you determine the U1, Un in the section 4 of use
>> cases ?
>> Is it from discussion of the last Web-based signage workshop ? or new
>> items from you ?
>
> It's my idea.
> But I was inspired by the SMIL approach suggested at the workshop.
> I'd like to make Web-based Signage work on ordinary web browsers.
> Though SMIL isn't supported by web-browsers, the concept is useful.
> So I'm thinking how to incorporate the concept into HTML smartly.

I think it is important to list the use cases before proposing the
solutions. It might turn out that implementing a SMIL library in
javascript is a better solution, or that the browsers decide to implement
native SMIL, or that there is a simpler solution using SVG (which is
native to browsers), or ...

>> I think that it is necessary to put some use cases of the workshop into
>> the document rather than other new ones.

Well, I think it is necessary to put the workshop use cases into the
document. If you have new ones, that is not a bad idea.

But use cases need to be real - things that someone is going to invest
their money in doing.

> I have not listed use cases in the document completely yet.
> So I appreciate your help.
>
> Certainly, the use cases suggested at the workshop are important.
> But I think that we don't need to summarize all suggestions.
> The outcome of the workshop is not everything.
> On a case-by-case basis, we might discard some use cases
> if we conclude those are negligible.

Yes. But first we need to list them, so we can decide if they are
negligible or if they are important.

> Or we might put some use cases into the next step (if any).
> Furthermore, we should discuss new use cases and solutions as well.
> I'd like to accept new suggestions alongside.

Of course.

cheers

Chaals

--