Re: Summary of Call for Adoption: Region Capture specification

I there's benefit in choosing an API shape that (i) works well for
getDisplayMedia-self-capture, (ii) is trivially expandable to
getViewportMedia when the time comes without introducing a new API, and
(iii) can be generalized to getDisplayMedia-any-tab-capture when the time
comes. The current proposal gives us that.

Youenn, if I understand your last email correctly, you would withdraw your
objection if the proposal is expanded to work for getDisplayMedia-any-tab.
While that was my intention
<https://eladalon1983.github.io/region-capture/#future-extensions> all
along, it's unclear to me that this is a productive way to layer the work.
What if someone else then changes their initial yay to a nay because they
do not (yet) like the way we address other-tab-cropping? The way to move
forward, IMHO, is to start small, adopt the document and iterate. That
said, if Bernard and Jan-Ivar are OK with increasing the initial scope to
any-tab-capture off the bat, and you withdraw your objection based on that,
of course I'd be very happy to do so. But please clarify whether that would
be enough to resolve your objection.