Re: Call for Adoption: Region Capture specification

I think the use case is worth fixing, but I have concerns with the current API shape.

In general, it seems to me that region capture is not needed for getViewPortMedia and requires Capture Handle for getDisplayMedia.
Therefore, it seems better to work on:
- getViewPortMedia: in particular how it can select the parts to capture potentially dynamically.
- capture handle to hook up capturing and captured pages for getDisplayMedia, then on how captured page can express its preferred regions worth being cropped to.

For getViewPortMedia, dynamic capture can be done with element references, IDs or element classes so that changing the DOM or element attributes impact getViewPortMedia results.
For getDisplayMedia, if we want to go there, it seems more meaningful to let the captured page tell the User-Agent which regions might be of interest to be cropped, possibly in advance, with origin safeguards/opt-ins... The User-Agent can then directly expose this information in the capturing page (using CaptureHandle) and let the capturing page decide which regions to select.

That is why I object to adoption of Region Capture at this stage.

Thanks,