Re: Call for Adoption: Region Capture specification

I support adoption of the Region Capture specification as a WEBRTC WG work
item.

I'd prefer if the feature was kept to getViewportMedia where it lets
applications crop to a page it has direct control over, which makes a lot
of sense.

It seems less of a good fit in getDisplayMedia's tab capture as currently
implemented in most browsers, where it risks exacerbating potential user
confusion over what's being captured: the current document as opposed to
all navigation in the containing tab. It's really the latter that is being
captured, and a cropping feature in this context doesn't make a lot of
sense, and becomes overly complicated. If it's implemented there, I hope it
will be temporary and that we can eventually move to a safer, less
confusing model over time.

--
.: Jan-Ivar :.