Re: Proposal: a f2f meeting in conjunction with IETF 102

We’d be interested in joining although prefer the meeting decoupled from
the IETF.

Is there a good reason to couple the interim with the IETF?

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 at 14.30, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com> wrote:

> I think meeting on a weekend would make it much more likely that we'd miss
> important participants.  Personally, I'd vote strongly against a Sunday
> meeting.
>
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 4:09 AM Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca> wrote:
>

>> I think a 1.5 day meeting on the sat/sun before IETF 102 would make
>> sense.
>>
>> I would like to spend a bunch of the time talking about what is the
>> actually functionality we don't have today that we would like to add or
>> improve and whiteboard out ways we might do it.
>>

>> On Mar 14, 2018, at 4:18 PM, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think NV is an important topic and it makes sense to have a f2f meeting
>> about it.  I'm inclined to say the more time the better (a half day doesn't
>> seem like enough).  Two days sounds great, but it seems hard to squeeze two
>> days into an IETF week(end).
>>
>> A long time ago, we had f2f interims independent of IETF meetings.  Would
>> one of those make sense?
>>
>> I'm fine either way (piggybacking on IETF or not).  My main concern would
>> be that enough people come that it would be a worthwhile meeting.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 1:12 AM Stefan Håkansson LK <
>> stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> we'd like to know what people feel about arranging a f2f the weekend
>>> before IETF 102 in Montreal. (Meaning July 13-14)
>>>
>>> We've heard wishes to discuss how we should get started on NV, and other
>>> topics (like testing, or getting webrtc-pc to PR, for example) could
>>> perhaps also be fruitful to discuss.
>>>
>>> So, would this be a good idea? If so, should it be a
>>> half-day/full-day/two-day meeting? What topics should we focus on?
>>>
>>> All input is welcome!
>>>
>>> Stefan for the chairs
>>>

>> --
Founder, CEO, callstats.io
http://www.callstats.io

Interested in networking, media quality, and diagnostics.
We are hiring!: www.callstats.io/jobs/