Re: Why QUIC is better than sliced bread

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 23:59:46 +0100
To: "Cullen Jennings (fluffy)" <fluffy@cisco.com>
Cc: WebRTC WG <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 5 March 2018 at 23:49, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) <fluffy@cisco.com> wrote:
> Yes, I understand that QUIC is over UDP, but QUIC is changing the equation for firewalls and firewalls are adopting support for allowing QUIC at an substantial rate. At this point, you need to be brave to bet that QUIC will fail.

wait wait wait... Are you saying that RTP (the RFC dates from 2003),
which is *widely* used in VoIP by users, carriers, telcos, companies,
etc, hasn't got love enough by firewalls and IT admins in all these
years and... QUIC is gonna got that love in... one or two years? :)

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>