Re: Some ideas on SVC support in WebRTC 1.0 (Take 2)

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 at 12:03, Sergio Garcia Murillo
<sergio.garcia.murillo@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/07/2018 11:45, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> > However, Bernard pointed out that such a design lacks the ability to set different RTX/FEC options per layer, which I do not fully understand since, at least in a similar thread in ORTC, he assumes SRST. This is, a single RTP stream, meaning that just a single RTX/FEC setting applies.
>
> I don't even have a clear picture how the resilience policies should
> applied for the encodings, so not sure how to adapt them to the layers.
>
> I mean, we can configure rtx/fec parameters, but are we able to specify
> what level of protection do we assign to each stream o how do we apply
> them? AFAIK there is no way to specify it right now (even without
> simulcast/svc)

Yep, sorry. I just ignore the existence of SDP and assume that, as in
ORTC, the RtpParameters should be created by the app. This is not
important anyway. WebRTC 1.X should generate read-only RtpParameters
that, in the future, could/should be generated by the app.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>