Re: What would you like to see in WebRTC next? A low-level API?

From: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 19:38:48 +0000
To: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca>, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
On 29/01/18 17:00, Cullen Jennings wrote:
> 3. The browser runs the codec in a context where it has no access to anything that would allow it to exfiltrate the raw data or do other bad things but the browser can call the API to encode and decode stuff

If I understand correctly, an AudioWorklet can already be used to access
and process raw audio (and can take an audio track as input and generate
an audio output track). I don't know if you can do bad things though ;)

And can't you do similar things for video with a video element, a canvas
and "Capture from DOM elements"?