Re: What would you like to see in WebRTC next? A low-level API?

Den 26. jan. 2018 19:13, skrev Cullen Jennings (fluffy):

>> On Jan 23, 2018, at 4:37 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net
>> <mailto:ibc@aliax.net>> wrote:
>>
>> Honestly, I've lost interest in the spec due to the infamous time
>> spent on SDP related stuff
>
> +1 to a solution that needs no SDP. And I don’t mean when translate SDP
> to JSON or API and you still have to read the SDP documents  - I mean I
> do not need to read a single RFC that has the word SDP in it.

Note - the RFC process that has led to the SDP specifications for
various codecs has served to tease out a number of properties of these
codecs in a form where they're explainable to other people (well, nearly
- I still get headaches from profile-level-id).

Without reference to this or a similar process, it might be hard to
reference codec properties in an interoperable way at all.