Re: other features

From: Sergio Garcia Murillo <sergio.garcia.murillo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 21:34:03 +0100
To: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 26/01/2018 19:49, Bernard Aboba wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2018, at 10:45 AM, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca> wrote:
>> +1 on full SVC support in WebRTC 2.0 for both sending and receiving SVC from the browser
> [BA] Could this be done as an extension to WebRTC-PC?

I am starting to believe that it could be easier in WebRTC 2.0 than in
WebRTC-PC. In current PC we have the problem that we have to provide a
common interface for all SVC codecs (current ant future), which may be
something difficult to achieve if we want anything much more than
"enableSVC(true)".

In WebRTC 2.0, if we end up providing a lower level API, it may happen
that we could end up having a video encoder objects (Yes please!). If
that is the case, we could provide specific SVC methods matching the
codec capabilities.

I mean, we can specify a RTCVideoEncoder generic interface and then a
RTCVp9VideoEncoder interface extending the RTCVideoEncoder interface and
providing there the specific methods for enabling VP9 SVC.

Best regards

Sergio