Re: What would you like to see in WebRTC next? A low-level API?

From: Cullen Jennings (fluffy) <fluffy@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 18:29:25 +0000
To: Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org>
CC: Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>

On Jan 25, 2018, at 5:45 AM, Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org<mailto:emcho@jitsi.org>> wrote:

A way to set e2e encryption keys (for something like SRTP double) would be great!

Obviously doing that from the regular API wouldn’t make much sense, but giving that option to browser extensions would be nice!

Let me generalize this a bit … I think the WG thinking about what APIs it might have for browser extensions as well as what API for JavaScript would be a good thing. This keying is one, codecs is another, and handling the policy around what IP addresses get disclosed is another.