Re: Towards a new charter for the WebRTC Working Group

I think Tim said it very well:

On 06.01.2018 15:08, westhawk wrote:
> I agree standards take a while, but setting QUIC itself as a goal in the WG charter seems like putting the cart before the horse.
> Prematurely latching onto an acronym rather than a set of desirable properties is how we got stuck on SDP IMHO. A charter shouldn’t specify a solution IMHO.

So, why don't we just say that the charter of the WebRTC WG includes an
intend to improve use cases where (large) reliable data transfers and a
simultaneous audio/video session is required? Whether the solution is
QUIC, or improving SCTP, or both, or whatever else can still be
discussed. But as Bernard said, this probably should be discussed in
some IETF WG.

Cheers
Lennart