Re: Towards a new charter for the WebRTC Working Group

> On 2 Jan 2018, at 19:05, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Tim Panton said:
>
> "Given that we haven't implemented 1.0 anywhere yet"

I should have been clearer - a lot of webRTC 1.0 is there, but....

I've spent the last month(s) getting my fingers burnt with interop issues.

Edge doesn't support the data channel
Safari doesn't support VP8
Safari doesn't support generateCertificate()
Chrome doesn't always support h264 (I've yet to work out when it does/doesn't)
Firefox doesn't allow access to the public certificate via stats
no one implements RTCPeerConnection.sctp

WebRTC<->webaudio works sometimes and in some places.

So if you want your site to work on of all 4 browsers on desktop and mobile, you have to stick to
audio only.  You can't post/pre process with WebAudio, you can't use the datachannel
for remote control and don't attempt e2e security.