Re: Question: how should addTrack work in relation to createOffer et. al.?

On 5/5/15 1:31 PM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> On 05/04/2015 10:29 PM, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:
>> You're right! Though, as I understand it, this is a matter of good
>> spec design rather than some implicit guarantee or assumption (e.g.
>> why we have "queue a task" everywhere).
>
> I think it is actually a hard requirement.

No question. I merely meant it needs to be explicitly addressed in the
spec as opposed to implicitly assumed.

> Otherwise, stuff as simple as
>
>    a = new ObjectWithHandlerForAsynchronousEvent():
>    a.handler = function() {}
>
> would never function reliably.

Agreed.

> People used to other languages who come to Javascript always recoil in
> horror and ask "but where's the critical section?" when they see code
> like this.

Yes, that's a learning curve for sure, but getting those  critical
sections out of people's hands is a good thing.

.: Jan-Ivar :.