Re: What happened to onaddstream?

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 21:35:41 +0200
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>
On 06/22/2015 06:20 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> It's gone from the spec.  Everyone implements it.  It would seem to be
> necessary to document it, even if it is only under a "legacy" heading.

It went away when addStream() went away.

Instead we have a "track" event that carries an RTCTrackEventInit,
containing a receiver, a track and an array of streams (section 5.4).

It might be nice to have a separate "stream" event that fires only when
a new stream has been created; I don't think it's trivial to shim the
"stream" event based on only the information in "track" events.