Re: What happened to onaddstream?

On 23 Jun 2015 5:38 am, "Harald Alvestrand" <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:

> On 06/22/2015 06:20 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
>>
>> It's gone from the spec.  Everyone implements it.  It would seem to be
>> necessary to document it, even if it is only under a "legacy" heading.
>>
> It went away when addStream() went away.
>
> Instead we have a "track" event that carries an RTCTrackEventInit,
containing a receiver, a track and an array of streams (section 5.4).

> It might be nice to have a separate "stream" event that fires only when a
new stream has been created; I don't think it's trivial to shim the
"stream" event based on only the information in "track" events.

Widely implemented browser APIs like this shouldn't just disappear from the
spec, especially if it's hard to shim it. I'm supportive of getting it back.

Silvia.