Re: What happened to onaddstream?

From: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 09:48:18 +0000
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>, Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>
On 22/06/15 21:38, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> On 06/22/2015 06:20 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
>> It's gone from the spec.  Everyone implements it.  It would seem to be
>> necessary to document it, even if it is only under a "legacy" heading.
>>
> It went away when addStream() went away.
>
> Instead we have a "track" event that carries an RTCTrackEventInit,
> containing a receiver, a track and an array of streams (section 5.4).
>
> It might be nice to have a separate "stream" event that fires only when
> a new stream has been created; I don't think it's trivial to shim the
> "stream" event based on only the information in "track" events.

I agree that it is not trivial for the more advanced use cases. But for
the simple ones that use only one MediaStream (with one audio and one
video track) throughout the session it seems trivial. My question would
be if there are many apps being more advanced around that motivate this
addition when we're moving to a more track-based approach.