Re: Issue 412: Framerate knob for simulcast

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 12:00:45 +1100
To: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 9 December 2015 at 11:45, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com> wrote:
> A remaining question: how is the receiver's maximum framerate determined?
> This could be codec-specific, because a device might support hardware
> decoding for one codec, but not another.

I don't think that we need to determine the maximum framerate.  This
would just be a knob you could tweak to reduce resource usage in the
case where you don't *need* more frames.

I'm more concerned about how an implementation might meet this limit.
For instance, if I have a 30 frame per second source and this is set
to 25, what would you expect to happen?