RE: Issue 412: Framerate knob for simulcast

From: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 01:12:06 +0000
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Martin said:

"I'm more concerned about how an implementation might meet this limit.
For instance, if I have a 30 frame per second source and this is set to 25, what would you expect to happen?"

[BA] Since it's a maximum Framerate, any value less than 25 would do.  So the encoder could drop every other frame and provide 15 frames/second.  Since this setting is independent of getUserMedia constraints, it won't have any effect on the source framerate (e.g. don't expect the source to magically adjust to 25 fps).

BTW, one could ask the same question about non-integral values of scaleResolutionDownBy.