Re: Need API to read the CSRC on received tracks (#4)

On Aug 14, 2015, at 08:06, Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com> wrote:

> There are two things here - the first (which you point out above) is UI to show active speaker in real time. I think this would be very good to have.
>
> The second is the audio levels attribute send in the RTP extension from the browser to switch. I think that is critical to have. Without that there is no way to start to enable conferences without keys and I think the WG should prioritize things that helps with privacy - this is one of them.

[BA] The client-mixer extension (RFC 6464) is indeed very useful, which is why support is mandated in RTP-Usage Section 5.2.2. However the Mixer-Client extension (RFC 6465) is optional in RTP-Usage Section 5.2.3, and the API depends on that to provide audio levels for CSRCs.