Re: Proposal: offerDataChannel in RTCOfferOptions

From: Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 12:51:25 -0400
To: Peter Thatcher <pthatcher@google.com>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
CC: Benjamin Schwartz <bemasc@google.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
On 4/28/15 12:35 PM, Peter Thatcher wrote:

>     If the suggestion were to have a data channel created by default, with
>     an option instead to suppress that behaviour; *that( I might be able
>     to understand.
>

> ​I'd be even more happy if "offerDataChannel" were true by default,
> just like "offerToReceiveAudio" is. ​

Where does it say that offerToReceiveAudio defaults to true (nevermind
that it is a number now)?

Also, shouldn't it be offer/ToReceive/DataChannel?

I thought the idea here was:

   offerer: "I don't have a datachannel but I don't mind if you do."
   answerer: "I do have a datachannel for you, thanks for asking!"

That, or the (near) symmetry may be confusing me about what we're solving.

.: Jan-Ivar :.