Re: Proposal: offerDataChannel in RTCOfferOptions

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 9:18 AM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
wrote:

> What is the material difference between:
>
> var pc = new RTCPeerConnection({yesIWantADataChannel: true});
> negotiate(pc).then(_ => {
>    var dc = pc.createDataChannel();
>    useDataChannel(dc);
> });
>
> ...and:
>
> var pc = new RTCPeerConnection();
> var dc = pc.createDataChannel();
> negotiate(pc).then(_ => {
>    useDataChannel(dc);
> });
>
> Both require that you do something before negotiating.

​The second leads to more confusion, and least judging by how many people
come to be me confused.

> If the suggestion were to have a data channel created by default, with
> an option instead to suppress that behaviour; *that( I might be able
> to understand.

​I'd be even more happy if "offerDataChannel" were true by default, just
like "offerToReceiveAudio" is. ​